Friday, January 15, 2010

Student of the month

Ya! My girl got awarded that, today at school. It was for 'working well with others.'

it got me thinking... on how defined are we?
by our genes... by the role parents play in our life.

My Mom....
a place for everything and everything in its place. perfectionist...that's her.
I was raised by her mostly. She was the go-to person all my school years. home work, good food, kisses for bu-bu's, hurt ego... I can't remember a single day that she wasn't home when i got back from school. my world revolved around her.
No slacking with her! education was prime... grades had to be up... homework had to be done... no tests could be flunked.

My Dad...
pretty laid back... easy going. total procrastinator. took life as it came by. no major ambitions. easily satisfied. never asked anything of anybody. Didn't really play a role in my life...atleast i thot that. until i became parent.
he never said no... to driving me or my siblings to and fro from school / friends homes. funny... when i go home..he still drives me around.

Me...
a total combo of the 2.

my kids... are showing so many of these character traits.

mini-me-in-the-making?! Yikes! :)

3 comments:

  1. :):)Best wishes to ur daughter for many more achievements in life.

    Chitchat
    http://chitchatcrossroads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. my house also same kathai...dad laid back and all..mom perfectionist...its nice its like that..if both are like same type life gaali..
    and who ever said genes are distinct.its a big fat lie..just bcoz we cant check..free

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like your kids can't go too wrong with your genes. At least looks wise :D

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?