Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yoga Powered

Over the last 2 decades, I've tried and tested many work out options. Bikram Yoga... Zumba.... Pilates... Aerobics.... Latin Heat... Kickbox Cardio... Belly Dancing.

But I keep returning to yoga... over and over again. It's like my first love that will never die or some such :)

I find the benefits of yoga continue long after I stop practicing it. Cellulite be gone... wandering thoughts and hamster wheel spins in the mind arrested and of late... am testing this on my sugar crazy babes.

3 minutes of deep calming breaths while in this seated hands upward in V position apparently helps cut sugar cravings.
Go on...Try it: Starting in a comfortable seated position, raise your arms overhead in a V shape. Relax your shoulders down your back and reach out through your fingertips. Stay and breathe here for 3 minutes. Finding the ease in staying here for several minutes will clear your mind and release loads of tension from your body.
It works :)

More yoga positions that work on the thyroid gland that controls our metabolism, coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?