Tuesday, September 9, 2008

shedding pounds...

a major challenge most folks face in life! I am kind of an expert on the subject.

After all I did shed a collective 76 pounds over the last 5 years!

I gained 40 with Rehwa's pregnancy and 36 with Ryan.

Six months after I had Rehwa I had lost only 20 pds of the 40 i had gained and I was in size 12 jeans. I signed up for Bikram Yoga. The studio was right in the basement of my office building... which was kinda convenient.

Boy! was I in for a HOT ride! 90 minutes in 120 degree heat!
After my first class I could feel every single muscle ache n creek... even muscles that I didnt know exist!
After just 3 classes I had dropepd a whooping 3.5 pds! Who-hoo!

In 12 short weeks I lost the 20 pds I was holding on to! Not all from practicing BY tho'! I did try exercycling / other kinds of work outs and ALSO a major cut down on my calorie intake.

With Ryan I thot the magic would work again!
Not so lucky! Its 2 years since his birth and I am still holding on to about 4 pds. Tho I am the same size all over as before. Go figure!
I am not complaining... just annoyed that it hasn't been easy this time around!

My major source of encouragement has been sparkspeople.com An amazing web site with articles that really help me stay tuned to my goals and even work out routines.

In addition I took up Pilates.. and I am a fan!
Swimming / free weights / gym... done it all! I carry my 30 pd toddler every chance I get and my biceps are real lean and muscular!

I have realized the reason for the slow weight loss after my second pregnancy has been my love for food.
I am a major evening time snacker and I find cutting back at sunset has helped me shed pds easy!

My friends and family compliment me allt eh time on my wt loss...
All said and done... I am not there quite yet...

132 pds - Thats where i will find my 'Peace of body'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?