Thursday, July 8, 2010

no more whines

gets you no where

week 2 of swim lessons for rynu and i struck up a conversation with this other mom... who was at the bleachers.

she and her pregnant pal come in for lessons with a whole bunch of kids.

as always i havn't been too observant... and 5 minutes into the conversation, i ask her if she has 3 kids?
she goes... no... i have 4 kids.
and i have to get nosy n HAVE to ask... how many boys/ girls?
she goes... ALL girls.
and her preg pal who is her Sister-in-law also has 2 girls n another lill one on the way.

n i whine about entertaining 2 kids... :)

i see a lot of my stay at hoem GF's who are raising their kids ... mostly on their own.

so what does it take...to enjoy parenting?
my 2cents...
1. BOTH parents need to love kids
2. BOTH parents need to share kid/home chores w/out having to be ASKED / TOLD
3. you need reliable help in terms of a nanny / extended family for that much needed 'me time'

period end of story.

having said that... my world goes around coz of my kids.
they can snap me *or anyone who know them* out of the deepest of doldrums in split seconds.

in that way... they do me more good ...than me them.. E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?