Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Childlike

I have this long standing observation... Childish vs childlike

Like most Mom's... with 2 kids and all I have some 10yrs of 'work' experience... ... in dealing with 'childish' emotions.

hurt feelings / hi drama / temper tantrums
I'm first / What about me? / That's MINE ... :)

but in the 7 years of being Mom... the childlike ones have touched me the most.
excitement...
free expression of emotions and thoughts...
simple joys...
be it for a Popsicle or a lady bug...
jumping in rain water puddles...
saving the first red leaf to 'fall' to the ground...
sticking your tongue out @ the first snow fall...
that special note at Mother's day...
the sweet picture of a smiley face sun drawn with so much effort ....
the half asleep...'i love you Mom's'...'you are beautiful Mom....' that i get all the time (lucky me :)

I think that's what makes life beautiful...
to be 'childlike'
which I take every opportunity to be ... with my 2 brats :)

1 comment:

  1. being childlike and witnessing childlike emotions touches everyone's heart. its our true nature, adulthood tends to make us jaded, but we can always go back to our roots like you get to do with your kids :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?