Thursday, July 29, 2010

stop...

to smell the flowers

we were at the beach yesterday
with another GF of mine and her kids.

now my town beach .. is not Bermuda!
but has an excellent board walk... with well-marked mileage, breath taking views of long island sound, beautifully landscaped grounds, grass blue skies and rocky cliffs.
dancing for senior citizens, a small children's play scape, tons of benches, a well-secured bocce court, a veterans' memorial, beach volleyball, a skate park, piers, sandy beaches, lots of opportunities for fried seafood, you can even swim if you dare and some people do.

every time i visit the shore... the waters are a different color.

while my GF and I took a walk, the 4 kids were building sand castles, collecting shells, drinking lime-onade n eating chickadees with sand covered hands ..E

heading back...
the kids got fussy...

to keep them occupied...i suggested we stop to pet the dogs we see.
*of course after checking with their owner*

the 4 kids enjoyed it so much as did the doggies... lapping up the attention.

when we passed this giant bush of Black Eyed Susans...
ryan went over...
spread his arms out...
n stopped...
to smell the flowers.

i was SO touched... my 4 year old boy...
is so sensitive.

my kids...they teach me to appreciate the finer things

3 comments:

  1. So touching! I keep telling myself everyday to stop and smell the roses and enjoy Babystar grow but cleaning, more cleaning and life is passing by.
    BTW its so awesome that you have a beach nearby. I miss Madras so much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting little kid. Sure he must be having a fan club out there.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?