Friday, December 11, 2009

Excerpts from a letter

Sounds cliched...but time does fly! especially when you are having a blast!

so what's made me happy n go EEEEEEEE all these years?

good company...
good sense of humor...
good wine...n now martini's!
fried chicken and kheema semiya biryani! lol!
the birth of my kids….
shopping….
watchin stand up comedy…
being outdoors...with r n r...
esp at the beach..
lying down on the sand n lookin up at the sky...
pristine blue skies...
watchin the puffy white clouds go by...can do it all day long!
the occasional airplane...glinting in the sun... carryin people to / away from loved ones…wondering where they are headed?
feeding silly sea gulls and greedy Canadian geese stale bread from my pantry...
oh! i love feeding birds...be it at the beach or the lake or at my back yard...its probably the nurturer in me kicking in! E
beach volleyball... fighting over points!
flying kites...n letting it soar up hi hi into the sky!
building sand castles...
collecting pretty shells...
watching spectacular fireworks on July 4th at the beach...
rolling up my pants n walkign alogn the waters edge....letting the sea weed tickle
picnics...on checkered blankets ...juicy crunchy green apples... cheap burgers n french fries from MickyD's.
click lotsa lotsa pictures ...for memories
oh darn!...this is turning into a glorified Julie Andrews 'these are a few of my favorite things...'

things I am yet to do at the beach….
Take Shamrock for a walk…
Dance with the senior citizens on a lazy Sunday afternoon…
Roller blade with the teen’s…

outdoors...it's where I am happiest!
sunshine..... welcome it!
water...love it!
wind...wanna fly with it!

In my early 20’s I would look at airplanes…n want to fly in them…to get away to the US / Europe…anywhere but India. Now I look at the same airplanes and wonder when can I go home! and the one statement that comes to mind is ‘be careful what you wish for…u JUST might get it!!!

I sit on this rock cliff at the beach n look at the horizon… thinking…I cross the Atlantic… n hop over a coupla continents and oceans and I can be home.
Seems simple enugh to do huh? yeah rite!

I anchored my kids lives here… knowlingly or unknowingly
I do love my life here… my friends…my work… love the freedom…the life style…
equal opportunities for all…regardless of age / race / color / wealth.
To be able to take a deep breath of FRESH air.
To be able to drive at 80+ m’s and not jolt over a pot hole.
To travel cross country with not a dime but just A credit card in my pocket…

Only in USA… I’ve seen a LONG line of cars with white collar corporate Americans, wait patiently during rush hour while a group of lazy we-ain’t-in-any-hurry-geese cross a busy street… (while I was annoyed)….I didn’t hear ONE toot nor any attempt to hurry them along!

I find plenty of happiness in the little things in life…..
But my heart does digress…
all i know is I have been lonely... all these years.
Every moment of my day I am surrounded by kids / friends / colleagues…
but that damned loneliness just don’t go away.
my days are so full... I have no time to think most days... but my mind mopes around.

So what more do I need…. In life???

7 comments:

  1. ahaa its blogphobia time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anonymous! you cruising my blog twice a day or whaa??? EEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you think its only twice BG??? EEE

    ReplyDelete
  4. u stalker! be brave now... n come outta anonymity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness...LOL..Great MOMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Take Shamrock for a walk…
    Dance with the senior citizens on a lazy Sunday afternoon…
    Roller blade with the teen’s…"

    These things sound fun when you write them. I doubt if they are actually fun. It is like how I think a hot girl will make me happy. But all evidence points to the contrary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! Dr K. you are wise beyond your years!

    Shamrock is my 'to be' dog.
    n i cant wait for the day i can bring him home :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?