Tuesday, December 15, 2009

it's never about the... rice

Time 8 pm...dinner conversation with Rave...my second grader.

Rave: Mom... my throat hurts.
Me: Uh-oh. Does it hurt to swallow food?
*remembering how the whole h1n1 flu started with sore throats*
Rave: a lill

Me: When did it start honey?
Rave: In the evening. err.... actually right after lunch. the mint rice made my throat itch.
Mom...
Me: ya?
Rave: Can you not pack mint rice for my lunch tomorrow?
Me: sure hon.


Rave: Mom... can i have cafeteria lunch at school tomorrow?
Dad: No.no no no no.... don't eat cafeteria food...

Me: Rave what would you like for lunch bacha? I can make it for ya. Dino shaped chicken nuggets, a jelly sandwich n box of juice sound good?
Rave: Oh Yaaaa!
*flashes big toothless smile*


sigh... my kid is embarrassed to eat rice at school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?