Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love handles in the ...kitchen

it all starts there...
the refined sugars
the processed carbs
n all that Viognier that i can't get enough of

from the kitchen
to my insatiable appetite
n straight to settle on my love handles
Ya ...genetics be damned as well :)

Read this recently and found it so profound...

The nature of the mind is to trick you to do whatever it wants. Pratyahara, control of the senses, is one of the steps in Raja Yoga. Learn to control the senses rather than allow the senses to control you. Actually, the senses by themselves don’t do anything without the mind, but the mind works through the senses. So by controlling the senses, you are ultimately controlling the mind. It takes time, and sometimes the mind overtakes your efforts. But don’t be too tough with your mind. If you’re too tough, the mind will rebel even more. Be gentle, be nice. For a little while, give the mind a little rope, but keep it within a limit. 'Okay, you want to eat cake? Okay, eat it; but remember, afterwards, you’ll listen to me.' Training the mind is like training a child.

When I can get my 5 year old foodie son to stay off of citrus fruits and cheese when he has a bad cough... then so can I...from food that's not good for me

And with a lill targeted help from this video here ....
Muffin top be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?