Thursday, March 11, 2010

Aaa bail... mujhe maar!

I did the most stoofid thing today. Well not THE most... but its close to being there.. on my top 10 list of stoofid things.

Dropped Ryan off at school at 9 am... rushed to my Doc apt... was late by 7 minutes and someone else got my 9:15 apt. Cooled my heels... saw the doc at 950. got out at 10:15...rushed to the gym. Got in at 1030 n worked out till 11am.
Remembered I had to get milk... so stopped at the grocery store. Got 2 gallons of milk and a couple bags of other stuff n was rushing out.

Was 11:15 already. School lets out at 11:25.
Juggling the bags, 2 gallons of milk, my pocket book AND my keys... I walked up to the van.
Reach the passenger side door.. to load in the groceries... even before i click the open button on my key I see the locks are up.

Thinking i forgot to lock the van before I went into the store... i open the door.
I literally JUMP out my skin.
therez this GUY... sitting in my van...that too in the drivers seat!!!!!

'Who the *%&^ are you?' i ask...

he just is sitting there with a stoofid grin on his face!!!!
he says 'it's ok...'
In the split seconds that follow... so many thots run thru my pea sized brain.
I left the doors unlocked n this guy got in... and was waiting inside to keep my van from being stolen.
*in hindsight... DUH DUHH...triple DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

i say 'I'm sorry...'
the stranger repeats 'it's ok...'
i was looking at the dash board..to look for familiar chachka's that I have set up in my van.
zilch... but it all looks SO familiar... !

i am apologizing profusely by now... even while not realizing what was going on.
he goes.. 'it's ok...'

n THEN it hits me. a whole minute later...
WRONG van!
*duh!* or did i say that already?!!!

i found MY van parked... in the same spot... only it was one aisle away.

load my stuff in and drive off... SO EMBARRASSED!!
embarrassed that i swore at a TOTAL stranger... for my inattentiveness!

a whole 10 minutes later.. i realize how funny the situation was .. and was doubled up laffing...so hard!

what was even more funny was ...
the stranger in the van with the silly grin on his face...was a Desi guy.
a B- version of Shahid Kapoor looks-wise... EEE!
who didn't have the presence of mind to tell me...
'Hey stranger.. back it off...this here... is my van!'

lol!

6 comments:

  1. B-version of Shahid kappor;) Hmmm...if you had been 20 and your life had been a movie then this would be the first of many more meetings:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! i would never date a guy who drove a VAN!
    B-O-R-I-N-G!
    If single AND 20... I would be driving a convertible BM'r...Z series... EEE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. Aren't your chances of driving a BMW better now? You are older, better job and double income

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya... but try fitting 2 car seats n a ton of kid cr@p in a 2 seater convertible...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haaa...I can't stop laughing....

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?