Wednesday, February 15, 2017

kill me now

bear with this geek talk...

This App I have been working on last 3+ months...
for the longest ever there has been this mail send window that pops up when a refresh happens on the document.
Used to X out the window and even told my testers... its required behavior and to do as i say... and continue with the test.

Today... for the first time... i actually looked at what the message was in the pop up...
turns out it was a needless 'present mail send dialog' option checked on a field somewhere by accident on the form.

rewind to a few years back ... when my boss from a previous job asked this of me... when talking about spending some time to automate a manual time consuming process...

'How can you tolerate inefficiency? how long can you live with discomforts before you even think of fixing it?'

is it me? or is it something that my upbringing and culture has thought me all along?

tolerance

therez only so much you can push a human... before break... down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?