Wednesday, February 15, 2017

musical chairs

the conference room was all set...
food against one wall...
tables set along the 3 walls....
with chairs on either side of the 3' wide tables set as so |_|

being among the first few to get in line *ahem!*.... i set the water i was sipping at a spot near the door
my boss Robyn saw me do this n said ...the desserts will be set behind the spot you chose and the foot traffic will be annoying.
so i switched my water cup to the seat across from the current spot.

loaded my plate and was about to sit down, when i noticed the early starters were taking spots at the far end of the room. Didn't want to sit by myself until people started filling in... so i grabbed my water n went n sat with the rest at the far end.

it was full house in a few minutes... and the Director gave his customary welcome n enjoy n happy holidays message n announced....
folks look under your seats... there are 10 lucky people sitting on chairs with an envelope stuck under it.
mad scramble follows...
nothing under mine... oh well!

then Director saab goes... now open your envelopes... of the 10 of you, 2 lucky people have won gifts!
Turned out Lori and David from the IS department won...

their surprise gifts...? iPod Nano's

what's so great you ask?
David was seated at the second spot I chose to move out of
and Lori.. the first spot Robyn asked me to move out of...

Robyn was kicking herself saying...'See ...nothing good comes off listening to me'

Told Lori my saga... n she goes 'Oh no... do you want to have this?'... extending her nano to me....

:)

5 comments:

  1. I recall a Hindi proverb "Dhane dhane mein likha khane wale naam' and this perfectly suits the musical chair episode:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! ya...no disappointments at all... since i just bot myself the touch. :)

    was pun'ing on the 'iPod' n the 'chair shuffling'...with 'musical chairs'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Festivals really do bring out the best in people :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now you have a story to tell at the party next year. I miss Holiday partys. Working at home sucks during the holidays. No place to take cookies...no long conversations at the water fountain and can't really get into the holiday mood.bah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mudra, I just saw your comment on my blog about making your blog an invite only. You can send the invite to ltlbabystar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?